Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Six of the best burgers in Glasgow

VisitScotlandVisitScotland Administrator
edited March 2016 in Eating and drinking

Never mind fancy five star restaurants, everyone loves a burger. Right?

And Glasgow has some of the most lip smacking, tummy rumbling, simply delicious burgers and diners around.

Try Buddy’s in Pollokshaw, originally a small takeaway, it embraces Americana style and is one of the city’s most popular burger joints.

For big appetites, Adlib in Ingram Street and Hope Street serves up a monster burger - 3lbs of beef, two onions, a mountain of cheese and the biggest bun around.

Nice ‘n’ Sleazy in Sauchiehall Street has been a Glasgow favourite for years, serving live music with its tasty burgers.

For toppings galore, Inn Deep in Great Western Road has tons of choices, including haggis. While at Jacker de Viande you can tuck into a Naked Canadian – that’s burger, bacon, pork sausage and maple syrup.

Veggie? Bloc’s in Bath Street’s burger is made from puy lentils, pumpkin seeds with sweet onion and cinnamon relish.

Have you dined out on a brilliant Glasgow burger?

Go on… share!

EDIT: Thanks for the updates @ananyah and @GlasgowFoodGeek, I've edited the main post above.

Comments

• ananyahananyah VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    Sadly Jacker de Viande has closed down. 

For me, if you want a really good burger you should head to Bread Meats Bread on St Vincent Street which is a great little independent burger joint or head to the newly opened Byron on West George Street.

Want to push the boat out a little? Try the more gourmet burgers at Butchershop Glasgow (amazing steaks BTW) or Alston Bar & Grill underneath Glasgow Central Station. More expensive but definitely worth it!
    Visit Scotland Community Ambassador
    Glasgow Based Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blogger
    Blog | Twitter | Instagram
  • GlasgowFoodGeekGlasgowFoodGeek VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    Sad news I am afraid but Nice 'n' Sleazy no longer serve burgers. As of a few weeks ago the brilliant Babu's Kitchen is running the menu there now doing a fine selection of indian street food.
  • VisitScotlandIntroVisitScotlandIntro Administrator
    I've been quite enjoying James Vs Burger, who's doing sterling work reviewing all of the burger joints popping up in Glasgow (and a few in Edinburgh too!).
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with @ananyah Bread Meats Bread is probably your best bet for a really tasty burger.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I am yet to go but I have heard that Steak Cattle and Roll is amazing for burgers http://www.steakcattleandroll.co.uk 
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    Five Guys (an American company) as they only use beef instead of cereal filler like most burgers in Scotland.  
  • MogMJMRMogMJMR Member ✭✭
    I really like the Korean Style burgers at www.kimchicult.com in Glasgow. Just for something a wee bit different :)

Mogmjmr
    Based in the Scottish Borders, Aberdeenshire has a special place in my heart.