Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Weekend in Scotland between Glasgow and Edinburgh

Hi everybody,

My parents are coming to visit me from Italy next month and I am planning a weekend in Scotland (Friday-Sunday).
Since the time is limited and we are leaving from Liverpool, we were thinking to visit Glasgow and Edinburgh without going northern.
Could you please advise me on which route is the best, maybe with castles and nice views along the way? Are there nice places on the west coast between the English border and Glasgow? Or some nice spots between Glasgow and Edinburgh? It's my first time in Scotland and I would like to know how to see as much as I can in a short time! 

Thank you for every tip.

Silvia

Answers