Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Musician looking for gigs while visiting 8th - 23rd April

Hi all!

I am a singer songwriter of sorts, visiting Scotland between 8th -23rd April. I will be in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Shetland and St. Andrews. Looking for gigs or contacts to play! Any help much appreciated! This is me:

https://lauriemcnamee.wordpress.com/

Thanks! :-)

Comments

• VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandAngela Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Sakura!http://www.wheypat-standrews.co.uk/

Wow...what a fab way to tour around Scotland! :)  There are lots of venues that host open mic nights - some you need to book a slot and some you just turn up and play.  Here are a few that may be of interest, although it may be best to contact each venue just to check if you need to book a slot:

Glasgow
    Aberdeen
    • Every Monday in Musa
    • Malones have an open mic night every Tuesday and on Mondays host sessions from different musicians (please contact to book on 01224 565557
    Shetland
    • Mareel in Lerwick hosts lots of different types of music sessions...it may be worthwhile getting in touch.
    St. Andrews
    • The New Inn is a popular venue for live music
    • The Whey Pat Tavern host live music sessions every Tuesday night
    I'm sure there are lots more out there...I wonder if anyone else would have any ideas?
    :)