Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Shetland - do buses and ferries between the mainland and northern islands run over Easter weekend?

Hi everyone!

I'm very much looking forward to my first trip to Shetland in April. Can any one tell me if buses and ferries between the mainland and northern islands run over Easter weekend? I am needing to travel on good Friday from Lerwick to Unst.

Many thanks in advance! 

Comments

• VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandAngela Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @ Sakura!

I have checked with the local bus companies on Shetland and they have advised that they will be operating as normal over Easter. I have checked the times for you on the TravelineScotland website and you can find the scheduled times here, although you may need to change the departure time to 09:00 as this will give you the travel options for the whole day. It's a really useful tool for planning journeys by public transport in Scotland! :)
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @Sakura

NorthLink will be running ferries over the Easter weekend. You can check the times using the journey planner on the NorthLink website - link below.

http://www.northlinkferries.co.uk