Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

aversage price forpiper to play one song Aye

Hi I am looking for a piper to play Amazing Grace at the Ayr shore Monday May 29th,late afternoon, We are sprinkling my parents ashes on my mothers birthday. Very simple . My daddy was drum major of Baltimore City pipe band for many years and would love to show him the respect that he had given others. I have received 2 quotes and it just seems outrageous for one song. Can anyone help or make suggestions for us. We are coming from America to fulfill my parents wishes. I don't know were else to look so all suggestions are welcome. [email protected] Thanks in advance Glo

Comments

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    I guess, that single 5 minute tune still requires that piper to turn down a wedding or some other job they could be doing and charging for. Also they need to travel to your location and back again from wherever they live. 
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • VisitScotlandLyndsayVisitScotlandLyndsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @smileyglo4u. Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty finding a piper for your required date and and keeping within your budget. Perhaps you could contact the VisitScotland iCentre located in the town of Ayr as the team there may know of somebody local? Why not drop them an email on [email protected] and I have also tagged @VisitScotlandMarina who is also from the town.  I wish you the very best of luck . 
  • smileyglo4usmileyglo4u Member ✭✭
    Thank you. It is a monday 4pm so I doubt they have a wedding. I have secured a piper for a fair price for one song Thank you all.
  • VisitScotlandMarinaVisitScotlandMarina Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hello @smileyglo4u I was going to suggest that you could try contacting Ayr Pipe Band to see if they could help out. But I'm glad you got something sorted.