Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

STICKY: What to wear, carry and use when you visit Scotland

This is the sticky FAQ thread for the clothing and gear forum. As more threads are posted, we will add new links to this summary.

Comments

• GlasgowFoodGeekGlasgowFoodGeek VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    Always pack layers when traveling in Scotland because the weather can change in the blink of an eye. 

I never ever leave home with out at least a jumper.
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    In winter I'm never without a good set of waterproofs, Goretex boots, disposable handwarmers to keep my hands extra toastie under my gloves, a neck gaiter and warm hat. I also carry microspikes as I'm a big wuss when it comes to the ground being slippery underfoot.  I say winter but those items could equally be a spring, summer and autumn staples too.
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• VisitScotlandHeatherVisitScotlandHeather Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Comfy shoes!  Those quaint cobbled streets are a killer if you're in heels, flimsy pumps etc.  
  • ElaineRElaineR VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    For summer sightseeing, I would suggest a showerproof jacket, comfortable shoes, sunscreen and of course don't forget a camera!