Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

NC500 staying only at pubs.

Is this a possibility ?
Are there enough guest staying pubs on the route ?

Comments

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you'll do that pretty easily I'd think. You may need to stray off course a little bit.... Some 'hotels' are not much more than a pub with a few rooms up in the north anyway - so a little flexibility with 'pub' and 'inn' would help! ;-)

WARNING - Beware Scotland's very low limit drink drive laws - the police are active in the morning looking for people who are still over the limit the next day.

Starting in Inverness - plenty of pubs to choose from!
    The Applecross Inn is a destination in itself, with great atmosphere, beers and food. 
    Torridon has a great hotel and a sister 'inn' but is probably too close applecross to make it an overnight stop. 

Probably the next 'obvious' overnight stop is Ullapool, plenty of accommodation choices there.

Then after that is John o' Groats with the Seaview hotel but a few miles south is Wick which has a couple of pubs and inns to choose from.

Then you'd be back in Inverness. 

There's a good, google based, NC500 map here - http://www.northcoast500.com/interactive-map.aspx

I hope this helps :-)

Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • JoodJood Member
    Excellent !  I truly do thank you for that information...armed with that I can now go canvas my husband into thinking he wants to do this road trip. Cheers x
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Hahaha brilliant!! If he's foodie at all there are some great eateries. 
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk