Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Parish of Assynt

I will be making my first trip to Scotland this year. Our family left Scotland in the 1850's and emigrated to Canada, then to America. I have records of McKenzies, McLeods, Kerrs and McKinnons in Assynt, Lochinvar, Stoer and Culkein. I would like to know about accommodations and what to see. I would like to meet any relations who may still live there, if they can put  up with my music. 

Comments

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    hi @celticflute
    It sounds like you have done a lot of research on your ancestry! Another useful place to try is Scotland's People. Many of the records are now online and you may be able to find relatives this way. Please take a look at results of a search for Assynt on VisitScotland for ideas of what to see and do in the area. Please also search for Accommodation on our website - you can refine the results by dates and types of accommodation by clicking on more options. I really hope you are able to trace relatives in the area - it would be amazing!! Best wishes  :)
  • JudeJude Member
    Try Altandu, Achiltibuie.