Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Need Accommodations in Edinburgh for couple with teen

We're looking for accommodations in Edinburgh for 8/2-8/5. We have a 17 year old boy so will need another room or apartment with 2 bedrooms. We want to be near restaurants and sight-seeing but don't want to spend a fortune. What's the best place?

Best Answer

Answers

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Hunter2
    Please take a look at Accommodation on VisitScotland website - you can see on a map where they are. You can refine the search with dates, type of accommodation (use more options facility). As you know there are other platforms: Airbnb, booking.com, lastminute.com, trivago, etc. Here in the Edinburgh iCentre we can make bookings over the counter all over Scotland but not in advance unfortunately. If you are travelling around Scotland, we'll be happy to help book you as many places as required for a £4 booking fee plus 10% deposit - you then pay the balance of 90% to the providers.
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Hunter2 I'm from Edinburgh and by far my favourite area is the Old Town. It's steeped in history and is a joy to walk round.  There are lots of visitor attractions and places to eat there. Some of the larger hotels may be able to offer you adjoining rooms which is a great option when travelling with older children.  Edinburgh is an excellent walking city as it's compact - with decent footwear and a central base you'll be able to enjoy much of the city on foot.  

I write a Scottish travel blog and have written some Edinburgh posts which you may find useful for your trip. http://www.theweewhitedug.com/

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors.