Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Cycling with kids

Hi! We are planning to visit Scotland for the fifth time in a couple of years (best place in the whole wide world!) but this time we have two kids with us. We would love to cycle around Scotland, but when we look at hiring bikes most places only let you rent a bike for 72 hours. Anyone who knows if it's possible to hire a bike for up to a week? And if it's possible to rent a bicycle trailer for the kids? I would be so sad if it's not possible, since we really want our kids to experience this trip with us. I'd appreciate any advice :-)

Comments

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @PollyMika
    If you are planning to start from Edinburgh, I called Leith Cycle Co - they can do a week's hire at a cost of £85 per bike plus £6 a day for a kids trailer. I hope this helps. Have a great time when you come!