Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

What should we do?

My mom and I are traveling to Scotland, getting there on August 21 and are their till Sept 3. We want to see everything worth seeing but it so much. I do not want to feel rushed but need guidance as to where to go and what to do. My mom is 67 and I am 36 and keeping up with groups is really hard for my mom. There are certain things I absolutely want to do like Isle of Skye and Isle of May(puffins) and Edinburgh but everything is up for grabs. Can someone give me some guidance. I am renting a car so I can drive place. Thank you so much. We want to absorb the culture and places. I want to go where the locals go and stay with them too.

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    Hello @MandeeTX, it is totally understandable that planning the perfect 2 week trip is difficult where there are so many options to choose from. The first thing you need to do is fix the number of Edinburgh days (I suggest 3) and book your festival accommodation and Tattoo tickets asap as they're both in high demand.

Secondly, start from a big list of things you want to see and plot them on a map. See if you can construct a practical itinerary through them. The fine folks at VisitScotland already have a list of itineraries on their website. I have my own 1 week itinerary that is tried & tested. My set of must-sees include Glencoe, Skye, Orkney & Staffa.

We can most certainly help you in coming up with an itinerary. Use the samples above as inspiration and see what interests you.

Lastly, the locals love the outdoors and talking to each other at the local pub. The local pub is also where you may find live music / ceilidh. Scots are a very friendly bunch and you'll have a great time interacting with them. :smile:
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)