Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Have you seen the snowdrops yet?

DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
Snowdrops ... pretty tiny white flowers telling us springtime is here. They can tell little white lies too though ;). I've been seeing them sprouting up everywhere since January!

I usually only see snowdrops in gardens or country roads, but yesterday I visited Dundonald woods at Dundonald Castle. One of my favourite walks and this was the first time I had actually seen so many standing together. What a pretty sight  <3 

Dundonald Castle

Drystone wall

Old Auchans House Ruin

There are some lovely walks in this area. My favourite is Old Auchans House and the Smugglers trail. The ancient woodlands are between two quarries and sometimes you can hear them, but I still love walking here when I can. I tried to ignore the rubbish and bottles that were lying around ... I can't understand why humans would spoil this, but that's another story.

The bluebells and wild garlic will be visiting soon, usually in May. I can't wait! I have a wee story and photos about the Smugglers' Trail, Dundonald Castle and Old Auchans House on my blog: https://loveexploringscotland.com/2016/11/15/smugglers-trail-to-the-castle/

Not snowdrops related, but thought I'd share! This is a wee photo I took at the edge of the quarry ... sunbeams always find a way to shine their light even on the dullest of landscapes!

I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)

Comments