Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Top Proposal Spots

VisitScotlandHeatherVisitScotlandHeather Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
You have to admit, Scotland is pretty romantic! And I'm sure everywhere from the Michelin Star restaurants to the summit of hills have seen their fair share of proposals.

I bet there are people out there trying to find the perfect place to find the perfect moment to pop the question so let's give them some inspiration... I'll start:

A cold but beautiful Glen Etive  <3

I'd actually recommend this place even if you weren't going to propose, just because it's so dramatic and beautiful. It's also the place where Bond and M go in Skyfall which is a fun photo to recreate. The deer are pretty friendly too - they were the first to admire my new ring  :D

Tagged:

Comments

• HayleyforsonHayleyforson Member ✭✭
    Happy Valentine's Day! Thought this would be a good time to share my romantic proposal story :)

My fiance is from a little village called Balerno on the outskirts of Edinburgh. I wouldn't recommend the village as a top spot for visitors however... it is a great starting point for exploring the surrounding Pentland Hills Regional Park. Despite having lived with this on my doorstep all of my life and being able to see the hills from miles around, I only began exploring it since I met my fiance and now we walk the hills a few times every year. 

We started our usual route from Harlaw Reservoir in Balerno to the Flotterstone Inn in Penicuik (lovely wee local's pub with a beer garden - great for walkers and dogs and often wins 'friendliest pub' in the region!). It is a bit of a hike (about 20km) with 5 hills climbed in total. However the views  from the top are so amazing! 

Towards the end of the walk, there's a lovely spot with a view of Glencorse Reservoir.  We stopped for 'coffee' (aka champagne) and this is where he popped the question :smile: ....

Like @VisitScotlandHeather , I'd recommend this spot anyway regardless of a proposal. It's just such a nice walk and lovely to feel  like you're away from it all in the countryside but also so close to the city!

It's ALSO beautiful at any time of year (this is December) :smile:  .....