Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Suggestions for businesses to visit

I am a U.S. business professor coming to Scotland in July 2017 in preparation for bringing my business students on a study abroad trip July 2018. I am looking for connections to businesses that have a sustainability focus as the theme of the Study Abroad trip is sustainable business. 
My itinerary this July includes: Glasgow, Stirling, Edinburgh, Inverness and the Isle of Lewis/Harris (to study the Harris Tweed industry.

Any suggestions for businesses in these areas are welcome. Thanks!

Jana

Comments

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Jana, It may be worth getting in touch with Scottish Enterprise directly; https://www.scottish-enterprise.com/ they foster these types of relationship.

Perhaps the energy industry - Hydro Electric and wind power contrasted to  oil and gas would make an interesting subject?

Obviously the whisky industry has had a surge of interest in recent times, it's certainly proven sustainable. From a local and national perspective there are lots of feedback loops within whisky production - grain from the farmer which, when spent from brewing goes back to the farmer as cattle feed is just one such example. 

Enjoy your trip to Scotland :-) 
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk