Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Weather in early June in northern Scotland

My husband and I will be taking a cruise for the first week of June that will take us from Glasgow up the west coast of Scotland to the Orkneys and Shetland. What kind of weather and daytime temperatures can we expect to have during this time?

Best Answers

Answers

• SuleskerrySuleskerry Member ✭✭
    Hi @jesuther As has been mentioned above, the weather in Scotland, and particularly Orkney & Shetland is unpredictable but that makes it all the more interesting too. I advise you to take clothes that you can layer up and make sure you have good waterproofs, and hats & gloves. We have a saying "there's no such thing as bad weather just the wrong clothing". Always be prepared as it can change throughout the day. This link might give you an idea about the climate of Orkney  http://www.orkneyjar.com/orkney/climate.htm . 

Whatever the weather, enjoy your cruise and make the most of your time ashore.