Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Midges, early April, Skye?

Midges, early April, Skye?

Answers

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @malisara2003_yahoo
    Midge season doesn't usually start until mid to late May so in early April you should be free of them. In fact it could still be quite cold then - difficult to forecast the weather in Scotland! Skye is beautiful and I am sure you will enjoy your visit very much!!
  • MogMJMRMogMJMR Member ✭✭
    If you want to be extra sure but don't want to wear repellant I recomment Avon Skin So Soft Spray - commonly known here to be effective but not offically bug spray! The only issue is, in very hot weather you can sweat it off really easily - but it shoudl be a safe bet in April! Enjoy.

Skin So Soft - AVON UK

As @VisitScotlandMuriel mentioned - do prepare for all 4 seasons - I visited Skye last time in August and needed a jumper and a light jacket - it's a lovely place none the less.
    Mogmjmr
    Based in the Scottish Borders, Aberdeenshire has a special place in my heart.