Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Highlands in only 3 days...

Hi everyone and thank you for having me in this community!

I am a brazilian who lives in Australia now. My husband and I are going to spend 3 days (only) in the Highlands for the first time this coming April and we will have a rental car.

Could you please suggest us the best views for this short time frame?

Thank you so very much!
Ana

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    Hey @Ana_Mello am not sure how much you're willing to drive a day and also if 3 days means 3 nights or 2 nights. It would also be helpful to know if you have some must-see places in the highlands.

If I were to stay only 3 nights with up to 5 hours of driving a day, I'd stay at Glencoe / Glen Nevis (Night 1), Portree / Silgachan Isle of Skye (Night 2), Torridon / Applecross (Night 3). For me, these 3 places define the Scottish Highlands.
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)
  • ScotlandTraveloholicScotlandTraveloholic VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭
    edited January 20
    Hi @Ana_Mello ; ;)

I have a nice 3 days Highland trip itinerary that might interesting you. You can read it here:

A 3 Days Family Tour Around Scotland

I hope this itinerary gives you some tips for your own trips around Scotland. I've included there the finest Scottish attractions, places to stay and eat. 
    Scotland Traveloholic
     | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
    Simply Sharing Scotland!
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Ana_Mello,

We just published a new video called Hidden Highlands which you might want to check out for further inspiration:

Hope this helps you! I'll list the places featured in the video for you as well, to help with your planning: 

Castle Sinclair Girnigoe, Caithness
    Isle of Skye
    The Cairngorms National Park
    Speyside Distillery, Kingussie
    Abriachan Forrest, near Inverness
    Sanna Bay, Ardnamurchan
    Latheronwheel Harbour, Caithness
    Gille Brighde Restaurant, Wester Ross
    Old Bridge Inn, Aviemore

Would love to see pictures after your trip showing us what you got up to!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Where are you flying into? How much driving time do you want to do each day?
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk