Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Honeymoon Hotels in Glasgow?

My fiancé and I are looking for a good hotel in Glasgow city center that is very romantic and good for honeymooners. I have an odd obsession with large and fancy bathtubs so anywhere that can accommodate that is a plus. :) Thanks!  

Answers

• VisitScotlandSarahWVisitScotlandSarahW Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited January 20
    Hi Mrs Cairns. Ooh  you are spoiled for choice in Glasgow!

Blysthwood Square Hotel & Spa is beautiful and very highly rated as a luxury boutique hotel. From looking at the picture of a Suite, it has a very fancy marble bathtub!  There is also the Hotel du Vin, in the West End of Glasgow, which is only a short ride on the subway into the city centre. Again, beautiful bathtubs are shown in the pictrues! The Carlton George Hotel has Club Rooms with access to a lovely balcony to take in those city views!

You may find it useful to have a wee search for more options on our VisitScotland website; you can filter the results to show 4/5 star hotels.

I hope this helps and you have a wonderful honeymoon!

• MogMJMRMogMJMR Member ✭✭
    We had a night in https://www.grandcentralhotel.co.uk/partner/glasgow-grand-central-hotel/ before travelling round Scotland for our honeymoon.  We got an amazing deal on a Sunday night and it was beautiful  - really hi spec.  Not sure about the bath tubs there but I did encounter one in the annex of http://www.glentower.com/ - also on my honeymoon  - in Fort William.

Mogmjmr
    Based in the Scottish Borders, Aberdeenshire has a special place in my heart.
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I'm sure the ABode Hotel in Bath Street, Glasgow has at least one room/suite with a free-standing rolltop bath as does Hotel du Vin mentioned above.
    B)
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    I'd second the recommendations for the Grand Central and One Devonshire Gardens by Hotel du Vin.  I've stayed at both and they're wonderful. We had a a gorgeous bathroom with a roll-top bath at Devonshire Gardens.  Grand Central has a fabulous champagne bar. 
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• AmraAmra Member
    visit the Carnbooth hotel-you will not be disappointed,it was 1 of the most beautiful hotels i have ever stayed at
    http://www.carnboothhouse.com/