Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

STICKY: Welcome to the community!

Comments

• Hello we are lasramblasramblers based around the Central Belt we have  getting together for Walks, Coffee & Cake since 2010
  • VisitScotlandNikkiRVisitScotlandNikkiR Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Warm welcome to the community @Laineyfaefife @Kimmy @Charles @ScottieDoll @EDSharkie31 hope you enjoy the community :) 
  • AnnickGerardAnnickGerard Member ✭✭
    Hi everyone, Annick from Belgium. Nice to be with you. I plan a trip at the end of August. Oban, Duror and Glencoe. If you have any tips for me, feel free to give them to me. Have a nice day
  • SoinaSoina Member
    Hello everyone, I'm delighted to be here. I found love on-line and moved to Scotland (just outside Glasgow) 5 years ago and love it to bits!  I just can't seem to get enough of Scotland and I have just got myself a car so suggestions on where to see and visit will be very welcoming. I look forward to chatting and getting to know anyone and everyone. Cheers
     :) 
  • AnnieAnnie Member
    Hi folks! My name is Anne and I'm from Germany! Even I'm German I'm obsessed with Scotland und fall in love with Edinburgh and Skye. Happy to be here and I'm looking forward to chat with all of you! Lovely day from cologne in Germany! :smile:
  • VisitScotlandEstherVisitScotlandEsther Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @AnnickGerard ;@Soina ;@Annie @Jules30  and @lasramblasrambler

Fàilte

Welcome to our community! It's lovely to have you. :)
    mòran taing
  • AlisonSAlisonS Member
    Maggie said:
    Hi from Portpatrick in the far South West of Scotland. Together with my husband Fred, I have owned Rickwood House, a VS 4 Star guest house, for almost 16 years. We just love our job - welcoming our guests, making them feel at home and inspiring them to get the most out of every day of their precious holiday in our fabulous part of Scotland. Please let me know if any of you would like to know more about the area I love.
      Hello Maggie :)
    Fàilte to all our new members to the Community. Hope to you enjoy the Community
    I do
  • argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    Hiya.  I've lived in Argyll for the past 16 years (from the US).  I've done a lot of traveling but I still think Scotland is the most gorgeous country in the world.  
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Welcome to the community @argyllgirl
  • magbe_60magbe_60 Member
    Hi all, I'm Maggie from Arbroath, I left an introductory post somewhere else on the site but it appears to have disappeared into the ether. I love nothing better than tramping around somewhere, both city and rural, clicking away on my camera. My love of photography has really got me out and about all over Scotland, I have seen so much that I wouldn't normally see and have so much more still to see. Love, this wee country of ours :) x
  • JomaroJomaro Member

Welcome to I Know Scotland Online, VisitScotland's new online community for those living in and visiting Scotland.

Please introduce yourself in this thread and let people know where you are, what your interest in Scotland is and what you're hoping to get out of your membership of the community

I am 62 years old and have been married to Joe for 41 years. I was born in Bulawayo Rhodesia now Zimbabwe  1 month after my parents (from Dundee) went out to Rhodesia. We came 'back' and settled in Dumfries Scotland (My being a British Citizen by decent) in August 2004 and have fallen in love with the place and the people. Joe was born in Umtali Rhodesia and has since become a British Citizen.  We haven't travelled much in Scotland yet and would love to get up to Dundee and Monifieth when we can afford it to visit my parents birth place.
     Look forward to future discussions and sharing tips and experiences!
    Welcome to the community @magbe_60 and @Jomaro. We hope that you enjoy it :) 
  • SreekarSreekar Member
    Dear friends,
    I am Sreekar from Bangalore, India. I am a graduate student of Physics expecting to visit Glasgow, Scotland in the month of August. However I am also keen on exploring the natural vistas that the Scottish highlands has to offer after skimming through the pages of Visit Scotland. But I am not quite sure if I can afford the expenses. Any help from the community in planning a financially feasible itinerary would be greatly appreciated.
  • RossOfFearnRossOfFearn Member
    Hello! My name is Nancy and I am living in Fearn, Ross-shire for six months. I have noticed the iKnow posts on Facebook for awhile, but just registered today. I have been primarily exploring everything around Ross, Cromarty, Sutherland areas. I will be heading further north in a few weeks when my son and his girlfriend come to visit. Cannot wait to explore the north coast!
  • argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    Welcome to the community @argyllgirl
    Thanks!
  • PamMcMPamMcM Member
    edited July 2016
    HI, my name is Pam and I am from Ontario, Canada.  My husband and I are hoping to visit Scotland in 2017 as well as perhaps learning more about his Scottish roots (he is from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and we are told it resembles the beautiful Scotland landscape). I am a huge "Outlander" fan  and it has sparked my interest in Scotland even more! I am looking forward to meeting everyone and investigating the site.
    Thanks!
    Welcome to the community @PamMcM
  • akbuttersakbutters Member
    Hello All!
    My name is Mandy. My husband Jason and I live Atlanta, Georgia. We both love to travel! We will be coming to Scotland in September. While I have been before this will be my husband's first trip. I am excited to show him one of my favorite places in the world! 
  • VisitScotlandKimVisitScotlandKim Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Welcome to the community @akbutters! We hope your husband will enjoy his first visit to Scotland!
  • Ron57RCRon57RC Member
    Hello folks,
    Just a brief introduction. As you may have guessed my name is Ron. I was born, brought up and continue to live in the North East of Scotland and hope to contribute and share in the community forum as time goes on.
    Regards,
    Ron. 
    I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things!
  • BushmanBushman Member ✭✭
    Hello All,

I have been here a wee while posting now and again. I hail from the Scottish Borders where i have lived all my life. Over the next wee while i hope to post about my journeys around and about in Scotland.
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    A very warm welcome to @Ron57RC and @Bushman.

I really look forward to see what you might share with us.
  • Ron57RCRon57RC Member
    Thanks for the welcome @VisitScotlandJulie.
    I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things!
  • iceandlimeiceandlime Member
    Hello! I'm Gem and I live in the midlands in England. I had a lovely trip up to Scotland in June and did an arranged Highlands tour. I'm coming back up in October where I'm planning a 5 day driving tour through the Highlands and over to Skye. Hopefully going to bag my first munro. Can't wait! 
  • VisitScotlandKimVisitScotlandKim Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Welcome @iceandlime, we're pleased to hear that you're already planning to come back to Scotland!
  • Nessies6912Nessies6912 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi everybody, my name is Heidi. I'm a teacher from Denmark. I first visited Scotland back in '86, and though it may sound like a cliché, I felt like coming home, when I first put down my foot on Scottish soil. I feel much more at ease and at home among the Scottish mountains and you, the very friendly Scots.
    When I'm not teaching, I Iove cardmaking, reading Scottish novels and Outlander.
  • ElaineElaine Member
    Hi,
    I'm Elaine. I was born and grew up in Glasgow and live just outside the city. I love spending time in my own country particularly the islands. I enjoy long walks whether it is up a hill or on the flat and love the peace that this brings.
    I don't have any fancy talents or anything but I'm not a bad wee person. Looking forward to getting tips from like minded people to help plan my trips and possibly bring new experiences