Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

STICKY: Welcome to the community!

Comments

• FayFay Member
    Hello - I'm Fay and I moved from Johannesburg, South Africa last year to be closer to my Mom. She's settled in Kingussie, her home town. I grew up hearing all about Scotland and whenever I cross over the border I feel like I've finally come home :smiley:
  • shetlanddebbieshetlanddebbie Member ✭✭
    Hello everyone!
    I'm a seasonal VSA up in Shetland and studying in Dundee.  I'm looking forward to finding out more about what there is to see and do in our beautiful country!
  • themerrydancerthemerrydancer Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Hi folks! I'm Kat. Originally from Ayr, but been living on Orkney for the past 5 years. I studied archaeology and have a background in archives and tour guiding. These days I am a VSA in the Kirkwall vic, and spend any spare time walking the coastline, improving my photography and shipspotting. Hope to see you all around the forum :)
  • DaretodoneDaretodone Member
    Hello from Australia - at the moment. My husband and I are moving to Glasgow with our two sons in Sep 2016 on a UK Ancestry Visa. Hoping to make Scotland our home for at least 5 years. Can't wait to arrive.
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello and welcome to @Fay, @shetlanddebbie, @themerrydancer and @Daretodone. Please make yourself at home.
  • ShetlandRachelShetlandRachel Member ✭✭
    Hello, I'm Rachel, a Stirling University student from Shetland. I think that this is a great idea and I look forward to finding out more about Scotland!
  • MaggieMaggie Member
    Hi from Portpatrick in the far South West of Scotland. Together with my husband Fred, I have owned Rickwood House, a VS 4 Star guest house, for almost 16 years. We just love our job - welcoming our guests, making them feel at home and inspiring them to get the most out of every day of their precious holiday in our fabulous part of Scotland. Please let me know if any of you would like to know more about the area I love.
  • Hi everyone! I'm Kirstin from the tinberry travels, travel blog. Looking forward to exploring all the threads and getting involved in the discussions. 

Check out the tinberry travels - sharing stories, adventures and travel related nonsense as I explore the world bit by bit

Find me on twitter & instagram

• FishjaggerFishjagger Member ✭✭
    Hello everyone! 

I'm an itchy feet non athletes world traveller who wants to say hello to this fab incentive of a community to share ideas and learn the best hidden secrets of Scotland - looking forward to it!

• ElaineRElaineR VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm Elaine and I live in the beautiful Scottish Borders. I've recently started maintaining a Facebook page called Westie Wanderings https://m.facebook.com/Westiewanderings/ in which my westies Skye and Coll post information about their various adventures to give a canine perspective on the many beautiful and interesting aspects of Scotland, be they places, events, people or activities.

Wee westies Skye and Coll, and I look forward to contributing to this online forum. Do feel free to 'like' our Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/Westiewanderings/ and follow our adventures that way too!
  • Hi Folks - this is Elise from Lux Events.  We're based in Edinburgh but work all over Scotland and love finding out about the wee gems that we really should visit on our travels! we particularly love our Scottish food and drink and meeting local suppliers and producers on our travels. Looking forward to finding out more and getting some tips from others.  I think the Community is a great idea! @leesymacD
    Welcome to the community @ShetlandRachel, @Maggie, @thetinberrytravels, @Fishjagger, @ElaineR and @EliseMacDonald1. It's great to meet you all.
  • MaryMeandersMaryMeanders Member
    Hi everyone, so glad I am  finally having a chance to explore this new community!

I'm Emma, live in Linlithgow, run a tour company called Mary's Meanders. We are all huge Outlander fans and love a bit of Mary Queen of Scots too!

Really looking forward to being a part of this community and helping to spread the word about how great Scotland is to visit!
    Promoter & fan of all things Outlander & Mary Queen of Scots and Linlithgow

Twitter

Instagram

• DjMacPhotoDjMacPhoto Member
    Hello, I'm Duncan Macpherson and I live in Inverness.  I love Scotland dearly and my weekends and holidays are spent travelling around the country taking landscape and occasional wildlife photographs. I like to share these mainly on Facebook. Hope to doso here as well. 
  • Hi, I'm WildAboutLochaber. I manage the Wild About Lochaber website and associated social media sites to share my passion for the wildlife and wild places of Lochaber.  Lochaber is a region in The West Highlands of Scotland and includes Fort William, Glencoe, Spean Bridge,The Small Isles, Ardnamurchan and The Road to The Isles.  A great place to visit if you love walking, wildlife, history and traditional Scottish culture...

I look forward to hearing about and sharing information on the Lochaber region.

• NewLanarkNewLanark Member ✭✭
    Hi everyone, my name's Melissa and I'm the Marketing and PR Officer at New Lanark World Heritage Site! We're based in Lanarkshire (just under 1 hour from Glasgow & Edinburgh) beside the famous Falls of Clyde waterfalls. Our historic site is one of the 6 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Scotland :) Looking forward to lots of interesting discussions about visiting Scotland!
  • BrianBrian Member ✭✭
    Hi everyone,my name is Brian and hail from Northern Ireland.Could spend all my time in Scotland especially Highlands and Islands.Have worked in Orkney and holidayed there a few times,fabulous place and lovely people.
    Last years holiday was visiting Skye and surrounding area next years 2017 is already booked 2WEEKS back in Orkney miss it too much.
    Photographers dream still waiting for the Orcas though.
  • LizaLiza Member
    Hello everyone!
    I am Liza from St Petersburg, Russia. I like Scotland and I try to spend my holiday in Scotland. Next time I would like to visit Shetland.

• VisitScotlandNikkiRVisitScotlandNikkiR Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Fáilte -  Welcome to the community  @Liza @Brian @NewLanark @WildAboutLochaber @DjMacPhoto @MaryMeanders Its lovely to read about how much you all love Scotland and enjoy visiting us. Please feel free to ask any questions or start your own discussions. Look forward to getting to know you all :)
  • JuneFJuneF Member
    Hi everyone, I am born and bred in Edinburgh and a keen Outlander fan. I love my country and very much enjoy visiting as many places as I can. I am happy to share any local knowledge that I have.
  • BillBill Member
    Hello everyone.   I'm Bill, born in Edinburgh, dragged down to Hertfordshire as a wean and didn't return, permanently, until 1996.   Lived in Dumfries amongst the beautiful countryside there for nearly twenty years before moving to Dunbar (Sunny Dunny), where I think I will stay, except for further journeys and visits to other beautiful areas of our fantastic country. 
  • joelynx1joelynx1 Member
    Hi, I'm Joe from Newtown St Boswells, in the Scottish Borders. I would like to find out more about places to go in Scotland, to broaden my horizons so to speak. 
    I enjoy fishing, and maybe try my hand as I go. It's not necessary though.
    Looking forward to finding magical places through your experiences
    Hello and welcome to the community @JuneF, @Bill and @joelynx1. I hope you enjoy.
  • LaineyfaefifeLaineyfaefife Member ✭✭
    Hi, I'm Lainey - only just found out about this community so didn't realise it had been going on for months!
    I'm a huge fan of Scotland, and have recently started blogging about our wee family's caravan holidays and day trips as a way to make a positive, productive use of my online time. 
    We live in North Lanarkshire but I'm originally fae Fife, hence the name, which I've used online for 14 or so years.
    Hope to make the most of this new feature, hope to get a few tips, and maybe share some of our own.
    Take Care All
  • KimmyKimmy Member
    Hello all!!!

I have no information to share about Scotland as I am from Costa Rica and I've never been there (something I am planing on changing soon) but I love Scotland and everything related to it. I offer Spanish in case someone is interested on practicing and I hope I will learn more and more of the beautiful Scotland!!! 

Looking forward to speaking with you soon! ;)
  • CharlesCharles Member
    Hi all, I'm Charlie and I was born and live in central Scotland. My mother was from Harris, and I spent a great deal of my younger childhood there. I still have relatives there and return faithfully every year. I'm a keen caravanner, and love touring - especially the west coast. Other hobbies are gardening and photography and have recently bought a drone so I hope to expand my horizons (no pun intended). This looks a great website and looking forward to participating.
  • ScottieDollScottieDoll Member
    Hi everyone. I'm Caroline and I live in a quiet corner of rural Aberdeenshire where castles and distilleries abound. Glencoe is a favourite haunt of mine and I'm making plans to head over their with the Mister later in the year. Must remember to take some pics this time!!
  • EDSharkie31EDSharkie31 Member
    Hi everyone!
    I am Laura from Bern, Switzerland.
    Absolutely adore Scotland and have visited in some way every year since 2005, for holidays, language course and exchange semester (University of Stirling). Next up: weekend trip to Edinburgh in December just to keep that 'streak' alive. ;)

Excited to join the community and looking forward to reading many interesting things about this bautiful place!
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Kimmy said:
    Hello all!!!

I have no information to share about Scotland as I am from Costa Rica and I've never been there (something I am planing on changing soon) but I love Scotland and everything related to it. I offer Spanish in case someone is interested on practicing and I hope I will learn more and more of the beautiful Scotland!!! 

Looking forward to speaking with you soon! ;)
    Hola! Me llamo Alison y trabajo en Arbroath, una aldea interessante cerca de Dundee.  Bienvenido a La Communidad de VisitScotland.  Espero que se puede visitar nuestro pais maravilloso muy pronto! Lo siento si el Espanol no es muy bien  ;)
  • Jules30Jules30 Member
    Hi my name is Julie and I live in Whitburn West Lothian with my partner and 2 son's I am originally from N.Ireland but moved here several years ago with my partner who is originally from here. I enjoy going for days out and holidays with my family in and around Scotland