Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

STICKY: Welcome to the community!

Comments

• Hullo!!
    www.youtube.com/SherrysVloggin
  • SuzanMcK21SuzanMcK21 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi all, Suzan here originally from Inverness, currently living in Dubai but moving back to beautiful Scotland in just over 2 weeks time. Hoping to open up 3 rooms for Bed & Breakfast in the Spring of 2017. Love the idea of this site, well done admin  :) 
  • Robin_Fae_UnstRobin_Fae_Unst Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Hello everyone, I'm Robin. 
    I live up in Shetland, I grew up on the northern most island, Unst, I've also lived in Fife & Edinburgh but Shetland is most definitely where my heart is. 
    I am a big fan of snorkeling and the waters here around Shetland are perfect for exploring the underwater world, you can join me in exploring whats under the waves on my instagram account @rdmouatt 
    If anyone needs any information about Shetland then please just ask me. 
    From the island above all others, Unst is Britain's northern most island.
    Shetland is an amazing and unique location to visit and all of us Shetlanders are eager to share our wonderful little part of the world with everyone, so come along & visit us. 
    Join me on my underwater explorations of Shetland at my instagram @rdmouatt ;
  • Hi folks, this is exciting stuff! To be able to share information about what we see and do on our exploration of Scotland is something we have needed for a long time!
    Sandra and I never tire of our wee travels as you never know what you will find round the next corner!
  • ananyahananyah VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    So many new people! Lovely to "meet" you all! 
    Visit Scotland Community Ambassador
    Glasgow Based Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blogger
    Blog | Twitter | Instagram
  • Hello communitysphere! 

Another one working at VisitScotland in the Content Team.

I live in the lovely (if there was a wee bit more sun) Edinburgh and I love everything to do with history, animals, music and photography!

I recently explored the very scenic Drumnadrochit and surrounding Loch Ness - didn't get to see Nessie this time round unfortunately! :( I would really like to visit the Shetland Isles next as well as explore a lot of Scotland's hidden gems.

Looking forward to posting more on here soon! :smiley: 
  • MargaretMargaret Member ✭✭
    Hi Everyone - I'm Margaret, live in Fife, work in Perthshire, - look forward to sharing some ideas on things to see and do around Scotland - and sharing some great pics :)
  • ShetlandSophShetlandSoph Member ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I'm Sophie, a seasonal visitor services advisor in Shetland but I am also a student studying in Edinburgh! I look forward to sharing some exciting information about places to explore and have a chat! 
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    A warm welcome to @VisitScotlandMairi , @Margaret and @ShetlandSoph . It's great to find out about you all.
  • VisitScotlandIntroVisitScotlandIntro Administrator
    Welcome @Michèle!

• Hi all, just signed up and exploring for a little while this morning. Looking great so far!!
  • neilcoffeyneilcoffey Member
    Hi everyone!  My name is Neil and I've just joined.  I look forward to meeting new people who share a like-minded passion for Scotland's great outdoors!  I enjoying photographing our beautiful country and my work can be seen at www.neilcoffey.co.uk.  I hope to hear from you and I'm always happy to share tips of advice for places to see!
  • BruceBruce Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Bruce. I was born and have lived most of my life in Scotland. I currently run a small online community on Facebook (Scotland from the Roadside) and am looking forward to see how this new venture grows.
  • Hello everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an island girl from Orkney. I love living here and getting out and exploring - Orkney may seem small but I'm still finding new places to see. As well as being outside, I love taking photos and I'm often found with a camera in my hand. I grew up in Orkney and spent 17 years here before moving away to study and then work. Home started calling me back a few years ago and I'm delighted I listened. Please feel free to get in touch if you're visiting Orkney - I have lots of recommendations to share. I'm a full time teacher now but I did work in tourism before I qualified so I will do my best to help. You can see some of my photos and suggestions over on my blog (www.freshorkneyair.co.uk) or on my Instagram (@freshorkneyair) ;Thanks for reading and I look forward to 'meeting' you all. 
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Welcome from another Alison - loving the word Wheelie Hoose which I will now use if it isn't copyright!  I am a moderator for the VS On Line Community and am already enjoying learning so much more about Scotland.  
  • KatKat Member ✭✭
    Hello
    Seeing lots of familiar faces around. I'm Kat and I'm based up in Aberdeen. I'm a photographer/ blogger and love nothing better than travelling around Scotland in my wee VW camper van. Looking forward to digging in to the forum. You can find me on IG under katstewart01. 

• GillyGilly Member ✭✭
    Hello

Nice to meet you all.  I'm Gillian and live in Newcastle Upon Tyne, and I have holidayed in Scotland ever since I can remember!

For the last ten years we have been having breaks in the Scottish Borders and annual holidays to the highlands and the Isle of Skye, which is one of our favourite places.  We are due to stay in Ardmair next month and it can't come soon enough!
  • TamyTamy Member
    Good Morning from Alaska! 
    I visited Scotland several times and enjoy to plan the travel plans for my friends.
  • RhonaRhona Member
    Hello :) I'm Rhona and I am a Seasonal Visitor Services Adviser in the Aberfoyle VIC. I am loving it so far, learnt so much about my local area and I get to work with a great team.
    I am from Killearn, a lovely wee village with a great pub!!
    Exploring Scotland is one of my favourite things to do, currently trying to do all the Munros... still have quite a few to do so it will be a busy summer!! 
  • SneckySnecky Member
    Hi, I'm Lisa
    I'm one of the admins for The Inverness Outlanders Twitter account, we also write blogs of the local area for Outlander fans.
  • EasyAndTastyEasyAndTasty Member
    Hello!
  • VisitScotlandEstherVisitScotlandEsther Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited June 2016
    Hi @Kat@Rhona, @Snecky, @EasyAndTasty and @Gilly

Welcome to our wee community. Lovely to have you :)
  • SimomSimom Member
    Hi everyone, My name is Robert. Originally from Paisley which makes me a "Buddy". Been living in Dreghorn since 1975, that's the Ayrshire one near Irvine.
     I'm retired, have a touring caravan and trying to plan my next adventure with my big daft Labrador. Towing a large caravan along single track roads can be challenging, but worth it when you put the legs down and get the kettle on when you arrive. I was fortunate to work for a large Swedish truck manufacturer for 27 years and travelled extensively all over Scotland, Ireland and North of England, including the Western Isles and Orkney and Shetland. Best of all I got paid for it!
    I am a volunteer guide at Riverside Transport Museum in Glasgow which is an amazing place and steeped in history which I love to share. I am there most Saturdays surrounded by the old cars so come in and say hello.
  • KristineKristine Member
    Hi. I'm Kristine from Seattle, WA, USA. I've begun research to start my first overseas adventure. Scotland is the first (perhaps the only) stop in my travels in 2018. I'm excited to be in the community for the tips and insights I might glean. 
  • penguinpenguin Member
    Hello, I live on the outskirts of Edinburgh - really looking forward to being part of the community and happy to offer any advice I can (whether its any good remains to be seen!)
  • Alex_GrantAlex_Grant Member
    Hi, I'm Alex and live in Edinburgh, but grew up in Nairn. I love to travel our beautiful country with my wife Samantha Grant and our wee white dug Casper, though from reading her post on here there's no mention of the chauffeur (me) ha. Whether it be hill walking, beaches, historical sites, places for lunch, dog friendly hotels to stay in, we like to do a bit of everything and share the ODD photo. Here's to sharing our experiences and picking up useful tips from you all!
  • FrazerFrazer Member

Good Morning Folks

Wow it here, I have been looking forward to this for a while.

So many new blogs to read already.

I am Frazer, I live in Corpach (that’s the sunny side of Fort William), I am a partner in an Outdoor Events company (No Fuss Events) which takes us the length and breadth of Scotland which is amazing.

I am interested in all aspects of tourism and I am a director of the Lochaber Chamber of Commerce which is the Destination Orginisation promoting tourism and Lochaber as the Outdoor Capital of the UK

Looking forward to chatting and watching the community grow.

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    A warm welcome to @Simom, @Kristine, @penguin, @Alex_Grant and @Frazer. It's great to get to know you all a wee bit more.