Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Trad Music

Hi there,

I've taken an interest to Trad Music recently, and definitely keen to find out about what events/ festivals would be great to attend! I'm based in Glasgow primarily but would love to find out what else is on offer - any ideas? :) Thanks! Claire

Comments

• JWGJWG Member ✭✭
    Hi @clairewilson.   I would highly recommend the Orkney Folk Festival  http://www.orkneyfolkfestival.com/
  • VisitScotlandKimVisitScotlandKim Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited January 18
    You won't want to miss Celtic Connections @clairewilson - it starts this Thursday (19th January) in Glasgow: http://www.celticconnections.com/Pages/default.aspx
  • gordyboy75gordyboy75 Member
    Great start to Celtic Connections in Glasgow last night with BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra and Laura Marling. Make sure you get along to one of the many gigs and concerts across the city!
  • VisitScotlandSarahWVisitScotlandSarahW Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @clairewilson. There is the Stonehaven Folk Festival if you don't mind venturing a wee bit further North. I haven't been myself but I've heard it is great!  :)

• JeremyJeremy Member ✭✭

Hi @visitscotlandsarahw I went up to Stonehaven this year. It was great! The whole town becomes a festival

• LochgmarcpLochgmarcp VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    Hi @clairewilson

I'll be heading to BowFest in September, held at Inveraray Castle!

If you are into that type of music, good food and whisky/beer then it's worth checking out!

An hour from Glasgow, 3 days of great music on two stages, celebrity chefs and lots of other entertainment it should make for a good weekend :) 

http://www.bowfest.co.uk/ 
    Instagram.com/Lochgmarcp @lochgmarcp
  • VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    There's also the Shetland Accordion and Fiddle festival when talking trad music! 
  • eilidh__cameroneilidh__cameron VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Hi @clairewilson

I'm also heading to Best of the West in Inveraray. I've never been to a festival before so I'm pretty excited! And the grounds of Inveraray castle is such a fantastic location. There is a great line up of bands including Skipinnish, Blazin' Fiddles, Heron Valley and  Skerryvore, when Skerryvore were just starting out they played a few small gigs in Lochgilphead and it was always a great night! Not seen them live in years so it'll be great to see them again and see how they've developed :)