Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Hotels near coach station

I shall be moving to scotland on the 31st january and arriving on the 1st feb at 9.15 am. My friend who i will be staying with will be at work till the evening. He lives in glasgow. I would like some advice on the nearest and affordable hotel from where the coach arrives? i will be only staying for a day and leave the same evening once he finishes work. Also i will be looking for work as soon as possible possibly in a shopping centre or garden centre. i was hoping not to work until a month later as i need some time to recuperate from certain occurences that have caused my body to become weak and unhealthy in certain areas. as well as getting back into nature. advice and recommendations welcome.

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @rseller, welcome to the community :) 

We have a list of hotels in Glasgow here, which you can then filter by price (low to high) so that you can find the one that best suits your needs. If you are only going to be in the hotel for a few hours another option might be to tuck yourself up in a cozy cafe for food and a hot drink and reading a book while you wait. Glasgow has plenty of options for this right in the city centre close to where your coach will arrive (I assume you're arriving at Buchanan bus station?).

In terms of work, it might be easier for you to begin the job hunt once you are here and settled in and familiar with what areas are easiest for you to get to etc.

I hope this helps and I hope you have a lovely time here :)
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    There are several hotels near Buchanan Bus Station - I recommend Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries. 

Wondering where you are moving from?
  • rsellerrseller Member
    i am moving from south east london kent. I was working as a cleaner in a shopping centre in orpington for six years. now i am hoping to start a new life in edingburgh. will be staying in glasgow for a month or so until i get a job. looking for work in garden centres as well.. i will be arriving at perth , leonard st. bus station.
  • argyllgirlargyllgirl Member ✭✭
    Good luck!
  • rsellerrseller Member
    does anyone have any ideas on the rent in edingburgh for a one bed flat please? since i will be looking for work in that area as well as eventually living there. I have been told that it is slightly more expensive in edingburgh than glasgow.........is it true? Also is it far to get to edinburgh from glasgow? Any advice and tips are welcome.
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Hey pal; try this! http://espc.com/
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • rsellerrseller Member
    Thanks for the link. i appreciate it.