Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Route 500

Hi everyone,
We are planning to do Route 500 next June.  I have done lots of reading up and am a member of a caravanning fb page.  Getting loads of mixed messages about doing the route (avoiding 2 routes that are not suitable for towing) with a caravan.  Last year we did North/South Uist, Harris and Lewis with the caravan and found travelling around with the wobble box attached was easy.  Some people are saying leave the caravan at the start of the route and get B&B's (don't see the point of taking the van) and some are saying that the roads are fine with care.  Does anyone have any experience of towing a caravan around the route.  Many thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• SuleskerrySuleskerry Member ✭✭
    @Rosieboo I don't have experience with a caravan myself, although I have seen other caravan users on parts of the North Coast 500 route. North Coast 500 have a Facebook page  so if you posted the above on their page I'm sure you would get lots of good and helpful advice. Whichever way you decide to do NC500 the scenery is stunning. Hope this helps.
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    I don't do caravans but I do know the roads up there. To be honest some of the roads 'with passing places' are barely wide enough for 2 large cars to pass one another at the passing places! But that being said, you'll be fine - what's the point in an adventure if you don't have 1 or 2 wee challenges ;-)

Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk