Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Advice on skiing and St Andrews

This discussion was created from comments split from: STICKY: Welcome to the community!.

Comments

• saltybexsaltybex Member
    Hi, I'm Bex and just joined and am excited to talk Scotland with you all. My husband and I are headed there for two weeks in March 2017 for our 4th anniversary. I particularly need some advice on skiing options if anyone has some recomendations. Also - want to know if St. Andrews is a day trip or worth spending the night. Thanks and looking forward to chatting! 
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @saltybex I have just moved your convo to a new thread so that it has better visibility for you and people can help you plan your trip more.

Our other community members will add to this shortly but in the meantime you can see a little more about St Andrews here and read about Skiing and Snowsports in Scotland as a start.  Hopefully these give you an overall flavour and then we can assist you with the more specific elements of what you have in mind :)

Welcome to the community!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Bex, if you're going to be on the east coast then probably Glenshee is your best bet for skiing. St. Andrews is worth staying a night, it's very pretty and has much to offer, plenty of nice foodie places. It also has a couple of new distilleries on the doorstep if you're interested in the process of making spirits like gin and of course, whisky!

What else are you planning on doing with your 2 weeks?
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk