Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Room to rent for a few months stay

I am planning a trip to Scotland mid to late April, 2017 until the end of June, 2017, approximately 8 weeks.  Does anyone know of a rooming house or a flat I could rent for that time frame on the west coast, Oban, Fort William, area?

Comments

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @gang_warily53

Have you had a look at the VisitScotland accommodation page, where you can search an area and see the listings in map view? You would be searching for self-catering accommodation. Here  is a search I have done from the VisitScotland website for self-catering around Fort William. You can change the search details using the pink filter button or start a new search for different dates and locations.

For short-term lets, you might want to take a look at Airbnb. Here is a search I did for the area of Oban around the period you want.

Also you might want to browse holidaycottages.co.uk. Here is a search I have done for the Highlands on this website.

I hope this helps with your search and perhaps someone has a great experience of a holiday cottage or self-catering  in these areas.
  • seawildearthseawildearth Member ✭✭
    Better off just doing a Google search for options. I saw the same small bungalow for rent in Dunoon for £600 a month via a standard real estate letting website as I've just seen in the Air BnB listings linked above for nearly three times that rate.
    "A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live"