Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Happy St Andrew's Day

OutandaboutElaineOutandaboutElaine Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Understanding Scotland
St Andrew's Day is a pivotal day in the winter festival calendar  :) and another great reason to visit and explore Scotland in winter.  Plenty people celebrate with a wee dram and a plate of Haggis, Neeps and Tatties or head off to a Ceilidh for a spot of dancing.  How do you celebrate St Andrew's Day?

VisitScotland went the extra miles this year for St Andrew's Day, bringing a group of Andrews to St Andrews to celebrate St Andrew's day  :) Watch the video to see our search for Andrews and the fabulous experiences they had in St Andrews.

Comments

• RachelEWoodsRachelEWoods Member ✭✭
    Back when I was in primary school, on St Andrews Day we would have a Scots afternoon where all the year group classes would get together to sing traditional Scottish songs (in our tiny wee voices!) share folk stories and even some highland dancing! This sadly wasn't continued when I went to High School but I feel it's a nice way of celebrating St Andrews Day in my opinion. :) 

• HayleyforsonHayleyforson Member ✭✭
    I was lucky enough to be in St Andrews at the weekend and really enjoyed the street party with Skerryvore & Donnie Munro performing. Was also pretty cool to see all of the 'Andrews' switching on the Christmas lights then ceilidh dancing on Market Street with a bunch of strangers! Tonight though I'll be spending  #MyStAndrewsDay with my family eating haggis and staying warm by the fire :smile:
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Here's a rundown of some events for St Andrew's Day 2017.

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/events/st-andrews-day/

What will you be doing?
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2
    A wee bit late as I haven’t been able to post photos here for a while but here’s the Wee White Dug to wish you all a Happy St Andrew’s Day 2017.

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @Samantha_Grant that's my day made