Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Autumn in the Cairngorms

Living in Scotland, l am lucky enough to get to enjoy it in every season and l love every season for different reasons. But, as a photographer, l get particularly excited about Autumn. The colours are spectacular and the light is divine. My favourite place to visit at this time of year is Cairngorms National Park. So much to see and do and the landscapes and vistas take your breath away. Where's your favourite place to visit in Scotland at this time of year? Anything that can tempt me away from this beauty? 

Comments

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I went down to Abbotsford House and walked from there along the river Tweed towards Melrose last weekend - pretty spectacular autumn colours too!
  • VisitScotlandJoanneVisitScotlandJoanne Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Beautiful photos @Kat! The Cairngorms National Park is magical any time of year, but especially so around autumn & winter. I grew up in Aviemore and used to love going for a walk on a crisp, autumn day. No matter where you go, the views and surroundings are just stunning there <3
  • KatKat Member ✭✭
    I went down to Abbotsford House and walked from there along the river Tweed towards Melrose last weekend - pretty spectacular autumn colours too!
    I've never been. I'll put it on my list. 
  • KatKat Member ✭✭

Beautiful photos @Kat! The Cairngorms National Park is magical any time of year, but especially so around autumn & winter. I grew up in Aviemore and used to love going for a walk on a crisp, autumn day. No matter where you go, the views and surroundings are just stunning there <3
    Thank-you. Yes, it really is. Planning a winter trip soon. 
  • Autumn in the Cairngorms is stunning. It's definitely creeping into winter though! Here's a view from the train from Inverness to Edinburgh yesterday, which goes through the Cairngorms. :smile: