Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

What's your favourite Scottish island getaway?

VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
One of the great things in Scotland is that we're spoiled for choice with so many different islands to explore, with a large number of them to be found on the west coast. 

From stunning scenery to beautiful beaches and plenty of options for food, drink, live music, festivals and amazing wildlife, our islands offer plenty of options whatever your interests are!

Check out this video to inspire you to visit the west coast islands! 

If you've already explored this part of the country tell us your memories and tales from your visit! 
Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
Instagram

Comments

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I loved my trip on the CalMac ferry between Ullapool and Stornoway, on Lewis. We were blessed with some beautiful weather as we glided through tiny islands at sunset time. I had a tasty supper whilst watching the dolphins emerge from the water for moments at a time through the changing light.
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Mull is undoubtedly my favourite, I've had a long love affair with the island.

There's so much to see and do on the island and there are also the stunning isles of Iona and Ulva which can be easily explored from Mull.

I've been 3 times already this year and am back for Hogmanay where I'll be seeing in the new year in wonderful Tobermory. 

I also have a soft spot for Islay and Jura. Both wonderful. 

The photos below from my last trip in September are the instantly recognisable basalt columns of Fingal's Cave on Staffa.  The impressive ruins of Moy Castle at Lochbuie on Mull and the stunning summit view of Ulva and Mull from Dun I on Iona. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• MichaelGMichaelG Member ✭✭
    Amazing shot of Fingal's Cave, Samantha_Grant!  :)
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @MichaelG it was a fantastic, exhilarating visit on a very choppy sea. Loved it. 
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• Rabbit Islands!  A day out in your kayak to reach this group uninhabited islands from Talmine, scuba dive or hunt for the lost treasure of gold that was said to be the cargo of a ship, wrecked here en route to Bonnie Prince Charlie!
    www.secrethighlands.com
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @Secret_Highlands wow that sounds incredible!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram