Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines
and learn how to use the Community
. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.
Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?
Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.
Best Places in the Highlands to visit and the best possible itinerary
I am Rajendran and I am from India. I am planning to visit Scotland during April 2017 along with family. We will having around 4- 5 days at our disposal. We are not part of any conducted tour and will be doing the trip ourselves. We will be having cars at our disposal.
Photography is a serious hobby for me and Scotland is such a beautiful country that there are unlimited opportunities for photography. I cannot decide on the places to visit in the limited amount of time available. I have done some research and based on that identified some places. We are planning to set our base in Fort William and then drive around and see the places. The places identified are as under:
- Fort William to Loch Ness - 1 Hr 30 minutes
- Fort William to Glencoe - 30 Minutes
- Fort William to Ben Nevis - 30 Minutes
- Fort William to Kilmartin Glen - 2 Hours
- Fort William to Loch Awe - 2 Hours
- Fort William to Loch Shiel- 1 Hour
- Fort William to Loch Linnhe - 1 Hour
- Fort William to Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Part - 1 Hour
- Fort William to Eilean Donan Castle - 1 Hr 30 Minutes
- Fort William to Urquhart Castle - 1 Hour 15 Minutes.
Time permits, we may do Isle of Skye also.
Please let me know what will be the best itinerary to visit these places from Fort William and also if there are any other interesting or must see places around.
Thanks in advance.