Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

School trip to Inverness

Hello,
I am a French English teacher from Paris. I am desperately trying to organise a school trip to the Highlands for my biology euro class.
The different travel companies I’ve contacted are quite worried about the price.
The main problem is that they do not know any manager of host families in the area and force us to stay at the youth hostel, which is more expensive.
I really want to organise a trip to your region, but I’m stuck.
Would you have some advice for me?

I’m thinking of organizing it myself. I’ve already planned the schedule.
What I need is a place where to stay and a coach company.

Best regards,

Elizabeth Ringuet
Tagged:

Comments

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi, here are the results of coach company Inverness search on Google - we do not recommend one in particular but there are many to chose from. It is a bit more tricky to find host families - Inverness College welcome international students and they might be able to help you with contacts. I am based in Edinburgh and don't have local knowledge of Inverness. You could contact the iCentre in Inverness for more expertise in the matter.