Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Coastal Cliffs in Fife

Hi All,
Does any fifer know of any particularly dramatic rural cliffs in which I could shoot a film?
Many thanks IA

Comments

• VisitScotlandEstherVisitScotlandEsther Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited September 2016
    Hi @JPM90 I'm not a Fifer, but I believe that there are some lovely landscapes and cliffs around Elie, and a chain walk which takes you to a secluded bay. Please be careful though, make sure you have the right safety equipment and don't go alone!

Here you can see some climbers tackling the scramble:

You can find out more about this walk on the Fife Coastal Path website and you'll find more photos at Scottish Heritage.net

Or, how about Hawkcraig Point? Edinburgh University Mountaineering Club uses this for climbing training, and you can see the height of the cliff towards the end of this video:

More info and images at scotclimb.org.uk, along with safety advice (remember to check the tides!).
  • JPM90JPM90 Member
    Wow this a great help! I really appreciate it!