Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Recommended tour package?

Hi 

My parents will be visiting me in the UK (I live in London) in mid October for 10 days. I haven't travelled much really. There are some places that I have in my plans but they want to visit Scotland. I have been looking for a tour package that includes things that they want to do/see so I can go with them. They've mentioned Distillery/Whisky tasting, Rosslyn chapel, scenery and Loch Ness. I am a bit confused with the variety and amount of tours online and I would really appreciate some guidance. Since they will be visiting the UK for 10 days I would assume a 3 to 5 day tour/visit would be the sensible thing to do, but any recommendation would be great. As I mentioned, I haven't visited Scotland before so don't have much experience in the matter.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Answers

• VisitScotlandMiriamVisitScotlandMiriam Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @IvanD - nice to 'meet' you!

Have you seen our page on bus and coach tours? It might be a handy place to start. If they are especially keen on whisky, then you might want to consider looking at our info on distillery tours too.

Would love to hear how you get on!
    I'm an Edinburgher who works in the VisitScotland Content Team - have you seen our blog?
  • VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @IvanD
    Here in the iCentre in Edinburgh, we can book for a variety of tour companies. The ones offering the most extended tours are: RabbiesTimberbushHighland ExplorerHighland Experience and Heart of Scotland. Although we cannot book in advance over the phone, you can book direct with the operators or with us when you arrive. If you are staying in Edinburgh, it's easy to get to Rosslyn chapel on the local bus (Lothian Bus 37 to Deanburn). There is also a distillery near Edinburgh called Glenkinchie. There is a shuttle bus running from Waterloo Place in Edinburgh to the distillery - please book direct with the distillery by calling 01875 342 012. The Scotch Whisky Experience next to Edinburgh Castle is not a working distillery but is a must see for anyone interested in whisky as there is a very impressive collection on display! I hope this helps clarify a few things.