Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Newcomers

Hi, I'm a teacher in Madeira Island and me and some colleagues of mine are thinking  visiting Scotland. We are currently teaching some students with special needs and since it's the first time they are learning English and possibly the last, we thought :"What about a visit to the UK?" We don´t have any money yet, but we are working on it. 
So, please let us know what are the best places to visit and the possible  accommodations for ten people.
Thank you.

Comments

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Teresa and thanks for your enquiry.
    There are many places to visit in Scotland, from cities like Edinburgh and Glasgow to famous spots like Loch Ness and Inverness, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs, St Andrews, Isle of Skye and less well known places too! It is a beautiful country with stunning coutryside and a rich heritage - lots of castles and ancient places of worship (cathedrals and abbeys), whisky distilleries, golf, tartan etc.
    Why not have a look at our website Visitscotland for some inspiration? You can download e-brochures too. Also check out Historic Scotland and National Trust to find out about historical sites.
    With regards to accommodation, if you don't have much money, you might want to stay in youth hostels or in self-catering accommodation - some of them are big enough for 10 people. Please have a look at the accommodation section of our website where you can search and book places.
    You don't mention how you would get around but the cheapest would be to use Citylink buses - you can buy an explorer pass for 3, 5, or 8 days.
    I hope you manage to get the funding and that you will have a great holiday in Scotland - don't hesitate to use the network of iCentres for help.