Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Fort william

hi I am planning a trip to stay near Fort William. I am interested in photography . For those of you in the know what would be the best places to visit?
Tagged:

Comments

• ScotlandAdventuresScotlandAdventures VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Hi @Rusty

You definitely want to visit Glen Nevis and Steall Falls for landscape shots
    Also the area around Banavie train station will give you great views of Ben Nevis and head along from there to Neptune's staircase for nice reflections on the Caledonian Canal and more views of the mountains.
    You can also head down to Loch Linnhe and Loch Eil from Corpach for more mountain/loch landscape
    If you want extensive panoramas over Fort William area, take the gondola up the Nevis Range and follow the walking trails.
    Scottish Travel Blogger at Adventures Around Scotland

Follow me on Social Media at Twitter Facebook Instagram Pinterest

• YourscottishtourYourscottishtour Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi @Rusty I'm not sure which way you are travelling to get to Fort William but a stop off or a visit to Glencoe are is also really worthwhile as the scenery is stunning.   Similarly if you have transport - a drive from Fort William to Mallaig is amazing.  From Arising be sure to take the single track coast road along by the wonderful white sands.  You also get amazing sunsets over Eigg and Rum.   Hope you have a great holiday!!!

Donnie
    Your Scottish Tour
    Tour Website: www.yourscottishtour.com
    Food Blog: www.theboyseatscotland.scot
    Twitter: @boyseatscotland
    Instagram: @boyseatscotland
  • VisitScotlandNikkiRVisitScotlandNikkiR Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Rusty  over towards Ardnamurchan, not that far from Fort William, you will find fantastic views and an abundance of wildlife. Near Fort William you also have the Glenfinnan Viaduct where you can see the Steam Train crossing. Have a great holiday in Lochaber and pop into the icentre in Fort William on the high street where the staff will be happy to show you on maps of some great spots :)