Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Best Bars in Glasgow

Glasgow offers a huge variety of pubs and bars - you just need to know where to start! Some of the most popular include:

Chinaski's - this secret bar serves some great food and impressive cocktails and is considered a highly cool place to hang out in Glasgow.

Bar Soba - opening in 2012 in Glasgow’s West End, Bar Soba is the place for cocktails. They also hold weekly masterclasses!

The Flying Duck - a bar/cafe that extends its hour into the early morning, it has a chic and vintage feel. You might even be offered free toast while you’re dancing the night away - it’s their policy!

Where are your favourite places to grab a drink in Glasgow?

Comments

• VisitScotlandEstherVisitScotlandEsther Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Ashton Lane in the West End is my favourite. It's just off Byres Road, by the underground station, and is lined with bars and pubs. There's a fantastic atmosphere at night.
  • travelswithakilttravelswithakilt VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    For whisky it's got to be Pot Still and Ben Nevis ;)
    Scotland travel blogger and writer with a wee bit of photography and video thrown in. Love nothing more than exploring my home country and have a particular leaning towards the outdoors, history and our national drink.

You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Tumblr.
  • ananyahananyah Member ✭✭
    @travelswithakilt whisky? nooooooo! I'm going to be a traitor to my scottishness when I say I cannot stand the stuff haha!
    Visit Scotland Community Ambassador
    Glasgow Based Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blogger
    Blog | Twitter | Instagram
  • GirlVersusFoodGirlVersusFood Member ✭✭
    For gin lovers, I would recommend trying Gin71 on Renfield Street. They have LOADS of gin to choose from and if you just can't decide you can even do a gin flight. Great atmosphere and knowledgeable staff.
  • brionycbrionyc Member
    edited April 2016
    I've actually just announced Yelp's Cocktail Week where some of Glasgow's best bars will be showing off their delicious cocktails, and then Yelp's Cocktail Battle to see who really is doing the best cocktail in Glasgow! It's going to be super fun :)