Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Outlander locations in Fife

FunkyEllas_TravelFunkyEllas_Travel VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
The hit TV series Outlander used several filming locations in Fife, including Culross, Aberdour Castle and the village of Falkland.
Falkland is the perfect day out for Outlander fans. You can visit the French Renaissance palace where James V died and Mary Queen of Scots played, you can even see the oldest real tennis court in the world. There is some lovely cafes too, I can highly recommend an afternoon tea at Miss Daisy's! 
Standing in for 1945 Inverness, you can stand next to the impressive fountain where the ghost of Jamie stood looking up at Claire in the B+B. You can have a cuppa in the B+B itself, which is actually named the Covenanters Hotel. The beautiful little gift shop, Fayre Earth, was given a 1940's facelift and renamed Farrell's general store. This is where Claire longed to own the famous blue vase. Campbell's Coffee shop actually kept it's new name and is another great place for a bite to eat. 
Falkland is high on my list of prettiest villages. It's always so colourful in the summer and the buildings ooze a deep and fascinating history. Look out for the tiny original doors on the cottages and the thatched roofs. Have you visited any of
Fife's Outlander locations yet?

Nicola Holland
Scottish Travel writer/blogger.
Ask me anything about Scotland including eating and drinking, travelling with the family, history, the cities and the countryside.
You can follow me here
Blog|Twitter|Facebook| Instagram

Comments