Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines
and learn how to use the Community
Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?
Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.
Top tips for the Edinburgh Festivals
To avoid some of the trial and error of visiting the festivals we’ve rounded up some handy tips to help you to make the most of your time.
- Bring a bag for all the flyers you’ll pick up and keep a hold of them. You can look through them when you get a minute and decide what takes your fancy.
- Wear comfy shoes – a day at the festivals can mean lots of walking.
- Bring water.
- Be careful when crossing roads. Like all major cities, Edinburgh’s streets can be busy and the trams move especially quietly.
- Start your day early so you can secure the best festival tickets and see the most popular visitor attractions before they get too busy.
- Head to the Edinburgh VisitScotland iCentre near Waverley Station on Princes Street and pick up a map to get your bearings.
- Don’t miss a Festival Fringe deal; look out for free shows, previews, discounted tickets, 2-for-1 tickets and the Virgin Money Half Price Hut.
- For a late-night snack, visit George Square or Summerhall to find a whole range of quality food stalls, serving delicious street food, from crêpes to curries.
What's your top tip for the Edinburgh Festivals?
Check out our Edinburgh Festivals Survival Guide for more show highlights, tips and info to help you make the most of your day out or trip to Edinburgh this August!