Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Best Place for Autumn Colours?

Looking to plan a trip to the Highlands in Autumn to see the amazing colours in the trees. Probably just a few days? Not sure where to head for Highland Perthshire, around Killiecrankie or further north towards Glen Affric. Any other places folks would recommend?

Comments

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @highlandexplorer

Have a look at this discussion on where to see autumn leaves

It may help you with a few ideas. I have enjoyed going to The Hermitage near Dunkeld.

• Ok great thanks, yes the hermitage is stunning at any time of year.Dukes pass in Trossachs impressive too.
  • travelswithakilttravelswithakilt VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    Killiecrankie and The Hermitage are hard to beat - tie in a trip to Glen Lyon and you'll be seeing more of Perthshire at its spectacular autumnal best
    Scotland travel blogger and writer with a wee bit of photography and video thrown in. Love nothing more than exploring my home country and have a particular leaning towards the outdoors, history and our national drink.

You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Tumblr.
  • IreneGIreneG Member ✭✭
    Yes the Hermitage is superb ! However The Birks at Aberfeldy is also fantastic in Autumn . The Trossachs is magnificent too , especially driving near Loch Venachar. Having lived in Highlands for many years Glen Affric is one I recommend to visit in the Autumn ! Yes so much to see and do in Scotland in the Autumn !! 
  • Just a short (bus) trip from Edinburgh, Roslin Glen in Midlothian is a beautiful place for a walk. It's lovely at any time and you can finish off your walk with a visit to the magnificent Rosslyn Chapel nearby.
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi there @highlandexplorer, you have to visit Perthshire for Autumn colours. Check out the Enchanted Forest Event that helps highlight those colours with a spectacular light & sound show.
    Best regards
    fishypro