Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Haggis Edinburgh

I am looking to take a German friend for a good haggis dinner somewhere in Edinburgh. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @Neil1988

Have a look at the recommendations in the article here. These are all really good suggestions. There are plenty of places to enjoy haggis in Edinburgh so I guess it depends on your budget and how formal or informal you would like your dining experience.
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Funny you should ask as I enjoyed an exceptionally good haggis dinner yesterday for my wedding anniversary at Amber Restaurant & Whisky Bar.  It's at the top of the Royal Mile by the castle in the Scotch Whisky Experience. 

The menu is all traditional Scottish and the food of a really high standard.  If your friend fancies a wee whisky with their haggis they'll find a huge selection of around 400 or so to choose from. 

The staff are great too, really friendly and knowledgeable. @neil1988

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• YvonneYvonne Member ✭✭
    @Neil1988 Howie's on Waterloo Place or Victoria Street - they also do a really reasonably priced lunch deal for 2 courses and haggis is one of the options for starter or main!