Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Heavenly ice-cream - what's your favourite?

• SuleskerrySuleskerry Member ✭✭
    Orkney ice-cream is by far the best, they have lots of different flavours but the Orkney Fudge is definitely my favourite!
  • HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is making me hungry!! We have 3 favourites from across Scotland. Please bear in mind that we haven't gone to Italy yet but have had a number of icecreams over the years. :P

Agree with Orkney ice cream, so creamy, yum

Isle of Arran icrecream, in particular the Whisky icecream. We are huge fans.

Finally, this may seem like a joke but it's serious, the icecream served at La Favourita pizza shop. Their Mascarpone as well as Coconut + Dark Choc flavours are heavenly.
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)

• YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Italian gellato is hard to beat but I once had tablet ice cream from somewhere. I can't remember where now but it was awesome :-)
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
  • JaniceJanice Member
    I had the most wonderful cone from Mackenzies of Pitlochry - Chranachan (whiskey, oats, raspberries).  I have a recipe if anyone is interested!
  • FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    New Lanark Visitor Centre make and sell amazing ice cream on site. I have sampled the jaffa cake and also heather honey. 
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

• ParsmanParsman Member ✭✭✭
    Bicocchis in Fraserburgh. It was where we got our ice cream when I was a teenager, and had one recently while visiting. Great home made Italian vanilla, the best kind of ice cream.
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Just had a lovely big vanilla cone from the Diving Gannet in St Monans, really thick and creamy and didn't melt quickly even on a really hot day.
  • italgirl83italgirl83 Member
    I really love tablet ice cream from Nardini's in Largs.  
  • Granny_AGranny_A Member
    Bicocchi's in Fraserburgh has yummy ice cream but it is a hard choice between there & Portsoy ice cream. Both have amazing flavours including Irn Bru.