Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Heavenly ice-cream - what's your favourite?

2»

Comments

• SuleskerrySuleskerry Member ✭✭
    Orkney ice-cream is by far the best, they have lots of different flavours but the Orkney Fudge is definitely my favourite!
  • HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    This thread is making me hungry!! We have 3 favourites from across Scotland. Please bear in mind that we haven't gone to Italy yet but have had a number of icecreams over the years. :P

Agree with Orkney ice cream, so creamy, yum

Isle of Arran icrecream, in particular the Whisky icecream. We are huge fans.

Finally, this may seem like a joke but it's serious, the icecream served at La Favourita pizza shop. Their Mascarpone as well as Coconut + Dark Choc flavours are heavenly.
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    Italian gellato is hard to beat but I once had tablet ice cream from somewhere. I can't remember where now but it was awesome :-)
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk
  • JaniceJanice Member
    I had the most wonderful cone from Mackenzies of Pitlochry - Chranachan (whiskey, oats, raspberries).  I have a recipe if anyone is interested!
  • FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    New Lanark Visitor Centre make and sell amazing ice cream on site. I have sampled the jaffa cake and also heather honey. 
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • ParsmanParsman Member ✭✭
    Bicocchis in Fraserburgh. It was where we got our ice cream when I was a teenager, and had one recently while visiting. Great home made Italian vanilla, the best kind of ice cream.
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Just had a lovely big vanilla cone from the Diving Gannet in St Monans, really thick and creamy and didn't melt quickly even on a really hot day.
  • italgirl83italgirl83 Member
    I really love tablet ice cream from Nardini's in Largs.  
  • Granny_AGranny_A Member
    Bicocchi's in Fraserburgh has yummy ice cream but it is a hard choice between there & Portsoy ice cream. Both have amazing flavours including Irn Bru. 
2»