Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Weekend in Glasgow

Hi all! :) My hubby and I (Canadians living in Northern Ireland) would love to take a weekend and get to know Glasgow.

My questions are: 

1) With only 2 days, what should we definitely not miss? (We're happy to walk longer distances.) 
2) With only 1 night to go to dinner, where should we go, if we're looking to try something traditionally Scottish? (and of course, where's the best breakfast to be had the next morning?) 

Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions! :D 

Best Answers

• clairewilsonclairewilson Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Saorise, 

I would check out Kelvingrove, Glasgow University and the Botanic Gardens, all are lovely to walk around. The Lighthouse (just off Buchanan Street) has a great viewpoint of the city at the top, its free to enter.  If you are happy to walk I love to get the underground from Buchanan Street to the West end and walk back via Byres Road/ Argyll Street - plenty of coffee (or cocktail..) stops to keep you going! Its also nice to walk along the Clyde, both day and night.

Food wise you are spoilt with choice! Check out the West End of Glasgow for somewhere to eat at night, Ox and Finch, Butchershop, Fanny Trollops and the Crabshak are definitely some favorites of mine. Just off Byres Road is a restaurant called the Bothy which serves traditional Scottish food! 

Breakfast wise, the Wilson Street Pantry or Hutchesons would definitely be my suggestions both are city centre/ Merchant City. 

Any questions just ask!  :)

Claire 

Answers