Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Upside Doon

BertVerninskBertVerninsk Member ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Arts and Culture
There is a new music venue which is going to start on Saturday the 20th August 2016 in Ayrshire. 

Find out more below. If you are interested in Scottish Music and this years theme "Scots Language" I would recommend to go. The event is taking place at the Robert Burns Birthplace museum in Alloway. While you are there why not check out the museum also. Directions can be found on the website below via a google map ( navigate to the visit page > getting here)

Admission

Adults – £25

Concession – £20

Children – £15

Family ticket – £70

Under 5s – free

I cannot post links yet as a new user but if you copy and paste the link below this will provide more details about the gig. Some prolific Scottish artist will be there.

www.burnsmuseum.org.uk/event/upside-doon-music-with-a-scots-accent/
Where wit may sparkle all its rays,
Uncurs’d with caution’s fears;
That pleasure, basking in the blaze, Rejoice for endless years. (R.B)

Comments

• VisitScotlandMiriamVisitScotlandMiriam Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @BertVerninsk do you know the event organiser? They could add this event to our listings here, and get more exposure for the festival!

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/events/submit-event/

Miriam
    I'm an Edinburgher who works in the VisitScotland Content Team - have you seen our blog?
  • BertVerninskBertVerninsk Member ✭✭
    Hi Miriam. The event is organised by Claire Grant from the Robert Burns Birthplace museum. 

Contact Us. 01292 [email protected] Murdoch's Lone, Alloway, Ayr, KA7 4PQ, Scotland. Will I send her an email with the link you provided or is this best coming from visit scotland?

I read it in the national newspaper. 
    https://twitter.com/RobertBurnsNTS/status/756858046836568065
  • VisitScotlandMiriamVisitScotlandMiriam Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @BertVerninsk please do, many thanks!
    I'm an Edinburgher who works in the VisitScotland Content Team - have you seen our blog?
  • BertVerninskBertVerninsk Member ✭✭
    Hi @VisitScotlandMiriam

I have sent an email to the birthplace museum. 

'Good Evening 

I hope you are well. I wonder if this will interest you regarding the new music festival which Claire Grant is organising for the 20th of August at the Robert Burns birthplace museum. After raising awareness of the gig I had read in the paper on the visit Scotland website, an admin on the site asked if I could contact you and I feel that this would be a positive thing to get involved in to promote this new festival of Scottish performance. 

Would you be interested in filling in this short page of details to enable the Upside doon to be advertised on the site?

See the link below if you wish to do this for more details. The actual form page is located near the bottom named "submit your event for free" where you will need to sign up or proceed with a google or facebook account to continue the event sign up.