Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Autism and horseriding?

Hello i am visiting friends in the Motherwell area in august with my teenage daughter who has autism. I am looking for some activities she could do, she likes horse riding and music/ sensory activities. Does anyone have any knowledge of these in central Scotland? Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• OutandaboutElaineOutandaboutElaine Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Pt7
    I've found a few website which might help in the search for somewhere suitable which aren't too far from the Motherwell area.
    Wellsfield in Stirling area and East Lothian has a few horse riding centres, worth contacting them directly to see what they can offer.  A few other outdoor places which might be of interest are East Links Family Park which features animals, a train ride and large wooden fort to explore. Glasgow botanic gardens might also be a good option.
    Hope this helps, please let us know how you get on.  :)
  • Pt7Pt7 Member
    Thank you  :)