Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Making the most of the sunshine - best beer gardens!

VisitScotlandHeatherVisitScotlandHeather Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
From busy beer gardens to quaint local eateries with a patio areas, when the weather is nice, there are plenty of places to enjoy a drink or two or even a meal outside.

Cafe 52, Aberdeen

Cairngorm Hotel

The Moulin Hotel, Perthshire

Brodick Castle, Arran

Where are your best places to eat and drink al fresco in Scotland? 

Comments

• Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    The George Hotel Inveraray has a great beer garden. It's a real suntrap on a good day.

The Glen Clova Hotel in Glen Clova is another lovely one on a good day.

The Oak Tree Inn at Balmaha beside the Tom Weir statue is a great if you're climbing Conic Hill. 

My favourite though is at the St Columba Hotel on Iona.  The views are unrivalled. That stunning azure water twinkling in the sunlight, Mull across the water and on a clear day the mountains of Jura peeking out from behind Mull. 

Ok one more!  The wonderful Boathouse on the Isle of Ulva. It's not to be missed. 

All of the above do excellent food. 
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• VisitScotlandHeatherVisitScotlandHeather Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Loads of great suggestions there @Samantha_Grant!  Will need to get out and about more  :)
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 23
    One of my favourites is Fishermans Bar, Port na Craig in Pitlochry, on the riverside. A great place to have a beer.

Best regards
    fishypro
  • FunkyEllas_TravelFunkyEllas_Travel VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    The Applecross Inn in applecross! The view over to Skye are outstanding
    Nicola Holland
    Scottish Travel writer/blogger.
    Ask me anything about Scotland including eating and drinking, travelling with the family, history, the cities and the countryside.
    You can follow me here
    Blog|Twitter|Facebook| Instagram