Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Scottish World Heritage Sites

There are six fantastic UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Scotland - how many of them have you managed to visit?  :)

The six sites include the historic cotton mill village of New Lanark, the Antonine Wall, Heart of Neolithic Orkney, St Kilda, The Old & New Towns of Edinburgh and as of June 2015 - the Forth Bridge!

Comments

• NewLanarkNewLanark Member ✭✭
    This is a film we've created to promote visits to New Lanark this summer! We're very much new to the 'film production' game so would love to know what everyone thinks and if you have any tips / suggestions on how to improve :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXc8sw8uSnY
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    That's a really good little film. Looks like a great day out with lots to see and do.  New Lanark has been on my very long list of places to visit in Scotland for ages now.  It's only an hour from home so no idea why I haven't got round to visiting yet.  I need to make a point of visiting this summer so I can write about a blog topic closer to home for a change.
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• johnmurrayjnrjohnmurrayjnr Member ✭✭✭
    @NewLanark is such an interesting place and a must visit attraction. I managed a wee snap there earlier this year

Also have to shoot out to our own Forth Bridge. Also managed a snap up there earlier this year...

@John_WelcometoFife Wow - what a fantastic photo! (and what a height!!)
  • FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    I have recently visited @NewLanark World Heritage Centre. Fantastic place for people of all ages. 

Here is my blog review: http://www.melaniechadd.co.uk/2016/07/21/new-lanark-visitor-centre/

You could also enter the competition to win a Family Pass (it's at the bottom of the blog post) 

Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • AndrewAndrew Member

New Lanark historic cotton mill and reformed community has so much to offer.  Spent a nice day on Sunday walking to the falls of Clyde then having Afternoon tea in the cafe.  I was the surprised to find a piano recital in the afternoon which was a great way to finish the day. 
  • NenucaNenuca Member
    I visited New Lanark yesterday after a few years of not been there. I was very surprise with their information facility. They are now even provided information in many languages- including catalan language.  They were very helpful and the ice cream was superb. 
  • VisitScotlandKimVisitScotlandKim Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited July 2016
    @John_WelcometoFife What a fantastic photo, the views from the top of the bridge must have been amazing!

@NewLanark is going on my list of places to visit this summer, I don't know why I've never been.  That will take my tally of World Heritage sites visited to 4 - only 3 to go!
    @VisitScotlandKim It was an amazing experience Kim, but I was very jelly legged!! :smile:
    @Nenuca we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your return to New Lanark, and we're especially pleased that you liked our award-winning Ice Cream! :)
  • ElaineRElaineR VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    NewLanark said:
    There are six fantastic UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Scotland - how many of them have you managed to visit?  :)

The six sites include the historic cotton mill village of New Lanark, the Antonine Wall, Heart of Neolithic Orkney, St Kilda, The Old & New Towns of Edinburgh and as of June 2015 - the Forth Bridge!
    I've been fortunate enough to have visited them all. They are all special in their own individual ways but the one that made the most impact on me was St Kilda which has the accolade of being both a natural and a cultural world heritage site. It was the least accessible involving a four-hour boat journey each way over choppy Atlantic waters, but it was so worth it

http://www.kilda.org.uk