Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Arriving in Troon, need some help

I am planning a holiday to Scotland arriving into Troon last week of August, were looking for perhaps a few nights at a spa and a few in a farm/ country side location, finding difficulty locating Spa's. Planning to drive down towards boat home from Cairnryan over course of week. If anyone has good suggestion of places around about this route to stay or things to do? Thank you!

Comments

• DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Hi @kim311! I know the Marine Highland Hotel in Troon has a spa: http://www.themarinetroon.co.uk/

I found this one too http://www.hillhouse.co.uk/spa but you need to be a resident.

I personally haven't been to any of these though but you can have a browse through their websites.

I hope this helps.

Dawn-Marie :)
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • SuzieDSuzieD Member ✭✭
    I would also suggest the Marine in Troon - it has a lovely position on the sea and the food is good.  Another tip for Troon is MacCallum's restaurant on the harbour - great fish and seafood!
  • VisitScotlandMarinaVisitScotlandMarina Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited July 2016
    Fairfield House Hotel in Ayr has a spa and a great restaurant. I was there recently for a family meal and it was delicious! Lochside House Hotel near New Cumnock has a lovely spa too, it's only about half an hour drive from Troon. Pebbles Spa near Lendalfoot (a bit further south but on the coast) usually has some good offers too.