Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Linlithgow Palace Annual Jousting Event

DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
Every year, usually the first weekend in July, Historic Scotland's Linlithgow Palace hosts a spectacular jousting event over two days (Saturday and Sunday). It's a fun interactive event for adults and children alike.

As well as the jousting there are other royal events that are fun to watch. You can also explore the knights' encampments and stables. There's falconry, period games, craft and skills, a learning zone with medieval craft activities and so much more.

If you don't fancy watching the jousting you can wander around the Palace at your leisure, visit St Michael's Church or walk around the loch. Linlithgow town is also just down the lane waiting to be explored. I didn't get time to see everything this year so I'll be back again.

The event is free if you're a member of Historic Scotland. Check out their events guide for more information on prices if you're not a member.

I've written a wee blog post about my day out with lots more photos: https://loveexploringscotland.com/2016/07/07/linlithgow-palace-and-spectacular-jousting/

Please feel free to add more information about Linlithgow to this thread. I'm only a visitor and there will be so much more I don't know about!

Many thanks :)

I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)