Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Edinburgh Fringe recommendations?

JenniEdinburghJenniEdinburgh Member ✭✭
edited August 2016 in Scotland's cities and towns
Hello lovely people, 

Does anybody have recommendations for must-see shows at Edinburgh Fringe 2016? 

Look forward to your tips!  :) 

Thanks
Jenni 

Answers

• sparkysparky Member ✭✭
    For a laugh i'd always recommend NewsRevue2016 and Jason Byrne - year on year both have given me belly laughs. For great theatre, I've not seen it but its probably safe to say Glasgow Girls will be a superb show, it's on at Assembly Hall. Also, i've heard Trainspotting was brilliant last year and it's back. It's mean't to be quite immersive and even Irvine Welsh said he was shocked when he went to see it so it's probably a show that you won't forget in a hurry! I love the buzz of the Fringe each year, enjoy!
  • Mervyn Stutter does a lunchtime show that usually has a good selection of acts doing a brief stint. A good (suitably late) start to a full day of fringing.
  • Hi, some new Scottish writing in Fragility and some lovely circus skills with a message in Alice in Wasteland - am looking forward to both of those shows. And yes, the free Fringe is a must - it makes your budget go further and you can see some amazing shows and just leave a donation if you liked what you saw. Make sure you look out for some of the artworks installed by the Edinburgh Art Festival - loved the new sculpture in the courtyard at the Museum of Edinburgh.
  • bcedinburghbcedinburgh Member ✭✭
    Saw James Acaster last night - brilliant!
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Mervyn Stutter does a lunchtime show that usually has a good selection of acts doing a brief stint. A good (suitably late) start to a full day of fringing.
    I went to see Mervyn Stutter on Sunday and from that selection I would have gone to see Marcel Lecont's Whine List.  The day before we saw 3 shows and my favourite by far was Austentatious - the comic timing was perfect - and you don't have to be an Austen fan.  My husband was a bit reluctant but afterwards said that this was his favourite too!
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Singer Camille O'Sullivan is fantastic as always - Spiegeltent at the Circus Hub, Meadows. She's a Fringe festival favourite and never fails to disappoint. Have a look and see if it's your type of thing and if it is, I'm sure you will enjoy it. She gave us some sneaky extra songs as well, naughty Camille.
  • SoniaVRSoniaVR Member ✭✭
    If you like circus/clown check Pss Pss. They are amazing!
  • MightyAtomKTMightyAtomKT Member ✭✭
    I saw David O'Docherty last night and laughed my socks off!  Would recommend.  Very quirky!!!