Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Scottish Craft Beer

EdinBrawGaryEdinBrawGary VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
There's an abundance of craft beer in Scotland, which in our books is a great thing! 

We're loving Tempest's offering at the moment, especially Long White Cloud and Red Eye Flight. 

What's currently filling your fridge? 
Gary Wood - Blogger at EdinBraw - The Best of Edinburgh
Passionate about Edinburgh's food and festival scene and slowly starting to explore Scotland. 
Find me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
Tagged:

Comments

• ElaineRElaineR VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    Foxy Blonde from the Scottish Borders brewery is my current favourite
  • LeodhasachLeodhasach Member ✭✭
    mmmm.... beer :)

I had a significant birthday a few weeks ago and most people brought me beer/whisky so my fridge is very full. 

Brewdog: Nanny State. It's the only non-alcoholic beer that I actually like. I've got shares so regularly have a stash of 5am Saint and Dead Pony club in the house. They can sometimes overdo it with the hops but generally their beer is worth the hype.

Cromarty: Red Rocker
    Orkney Brewery: I don't think I've had anything of theirs that I didn't like. I've got Capercaillie (light ale) and Dark Island in at the moment. 

Regular and brief visitors also include, Red Cuillin by Skye Brewery and Red Ness by Loch Ness Brewery. Sadly Loch Ness Brewery have stopped brewing for the moment, but hopefully they'll be back soon.
    For music reviews and previews in Inverness and the Highlands: http://invernessgigs.co.uk/
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/@leodhasach
  • FionaMatFionaMat Member
    Fierce beer are a new brewery based in Aberdeen, unusual but tasty flavours, definitely worth a try. And living in Aberdeen myself, I agree with @Leodhasach, and have to say I'm a big supporter of Brewdog!  
  • ArgyllCoffeeGodArgyllCoffeeGod Member ✭✭
    If you are over on the west side of the country then it is well worth the trip to Loch Fyne where you can find Fyne Ales.  These guys brew a number of Ales and none of them are anything other than great!  They do a tour of the brewery and have a lovely bar at the place too.  You can buy the beer in barrels, though this may not be the best idea! :smiley:
    Befuddled, bemused & occasionally talking sense.
  • TourWullieTourWullie Member
    I am a massive fan of Cromarty Brewing Company, especially Rogue Wave and Happy Chappy.

Scapa Special from The Swannay Brewery is also particularly good.

So many other great beers to choose from though. 

Happy travels.

A whisky-loving tour guide always looking for an excuse to be outside.

Follow me on twitter @tourwullie
  • BushmanBushman Member ✭✭
    I am heading to The Black Isle in October so will be dropping into The Black Isle Brewery and perhaps visit Davidston and The Cromarty Brewing Company. Will report back once the hangover clears :) 
  • RobbieRobbie Member
    My current favourite is The Eden Mill Breweries 'Bunker Brew', double IPA, is lovely.
  • travelswithakilttravelswithakilt VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    If the weather is right I love Avalanche - of the Loch Fyne range. Perfect after a hike!
    Scotland travel blogger and writer with a wee bit of photography and video thrown in. Love nothing more than exploring my home country and have a particular leaning towards the outdoors, history and our national drink.

You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Tumblr.
  • johnmurrayjnrjohnmurrayjnr Member ✭✭✭
    Eden Mill's Shipwreck is a beaut!

Also, Stewart Brewing's Holyrood
  • GillGill Member
    Eden Mills St Andrews Blonde, only 3.8% - goes down nicely!
  • EdinBrawGaryEdinBrawGary VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    Some great recommendations! I'm going to need a bigger fridge!!
    Gary Wood - Blogger at EdinBraw - The Best of Edinburgh
    Passionate about Edinburgh's food and festival scene and slowly starting to explore Scotland. 
    Find me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
  • Williams Brothers all the way.  Joker IPA in particular.
  • AliScotAliScot Member
    Harvestion old engine oil or raspy engine- brilliant dark winter ales. Have Haggis Hunter to try too, bought on holiday today in Lewis. 
  • gstirgstir Member
    Williams Brothers all the way.  Joker IPA in particular.
    Or Caesar Augustus, or Birds and the Bees, or Golden Ratio, or my current favourite Perfect Storm. Their repertoire is supreme.
  • SnowmanSnowman Member
    Anything by the Speyside Craft Brewery in Forres, especially Randolph's Leap lager.
    Windswept Brewer of Lossiemouth's Blonde, Tornado and Typhoon ( run by former RAF pilots ). Cromarty Brewery's Happy Chappy, Cowabunga and Rogue Wave. 
    Lots of great little breweries in this part of the world, can't really go too far wrong. 
  • BertVerninskBertVerninsk Member ✭✭
    Innis and Gunn oak aged ipa is v.nice
    Where wit may sparkle all its rays,
    Uncurs’d with caution’s fears;
    That pleasure, basking in the blaze, Rejoice for endless years. (R.B)